This resurrected former theater is one of the best places to catch a concert in Dinkytown, whether it's a big-name touring act or some local heroes that've graduated past bar-band status. The Varsity boasts a spacious floor and an elevated seating area providing multi-level sightlines (and couches!), a high-grade sound system, vibrant lighting and the kind of art-deco decor that lends a certain swanky elegance to whatever pop debauchery might be unfurling on its wide, easily-viewable stage.
- Carly Rae Jepsen tells us how she created a pop masterpiece
- Attempting to decode Owl City's Adam Young, Minnesota's biggest pop star
- Hard-rocking revivalists the Darkness: 'We’ve sort of become a cult band'
- Lianne La Havas on exploring her roots, working with Prince
- Folk-punk Frank Turner: 'The music I make has a sense of inclusiveness'
- Wavves talk drugs, drama, new album
- Hannibal Buress on Minneapolis threesomes and calling Cosby out
- FIDLAR's show at the Varsity is better than drugs
- Newly sober FIDLAR wanna sound like crazy, meth-addled ADD
- Best Concert Venue Best Of