Minnesota's oldest continuously operating bar, Neumann's has been a mainstay of North St. Paul since it was first opened by the Hamm's Brewery in 1887. Since then, it's survived a fire that destroyed its original location (now its patio, with the new bar quickly built to replace it in the early 20th century), Prohibition (selling "near-beer" and maybe a little extra on the down-low), and the communications revolution that dictated the bar finally install a phone connecting it by wires to the outside world for the first time -- in 1969. (Legend tells that its original owner didn't want women to be able to call the bar to check in on their husbands.) The decor features beautiful woodwork, original fixtures, a bullfrog aquarium, and very saloon-worthy taxidermy. Neumann's also offers food specials including cheap tacos and dollar burgers, as well as live music and motorcycle ride events.