BEST OF THE TWIN CITIES® 2004
Hey, everybody. I'm your host, Diamond Daryl. Yeah, that's right. Woo! You probably remember me from the hot, hot, HOT game show... well, okay, it's been a few years...
Anyway, I just want to say what fine players you all have been. You've filled in umpteen blanks and chosen your super favorites and guessed at the answers you didn't know. You've eyed the timer and gotten your ballots in before the buzzer. You've weighed the delights of various French fries across this fine town of ours, the best cookie, the best place to watch a punk band, the optimal location for falling in love. Awwwww. Smooch! Some of you won free meals for your trouble. (I'm available for a dining companion, you know, if you can handle the VIP treatment at Hardee's.) The rest of you get the distinct thrill of seeing how your choices stack up against those of our learned editorial staff. Around here, we call them "the professors" because they went to college. Boooriiing!
Now, dear players, it's time for the double super bonus round here at City Pages and I'm telling you, there are no holds barred! In all its glittering glory--this is it, the absolute best of everything Minneapolis and St. Paul have to offer: the 2004 Best of the Twin Cities Showcase Showdown!
Find more Best of the Twin Cities® winners:
- BEST BROKEN PROMISEColeman repeatedly vowed he would oppose the Bush administration's irresponsible plan to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil exploration
- BEST BOWLING ALLEYMady's
- BEST BOONDOGGLETim Pawlenty
- BEST BLUES BARMMC
- BEST BLUES BANDHayes
- BEST BLOODY MARYAl's Bar
- BEST BIKE TRAILCannon Valley trail
- BEST BEACHHidden Beach
- 10 most meat-centric dishes in the Twin Cities right now
- Sandwich porn: Top 10 sandwiches of the year
- Graveyard smashes: 21 tributes to dead musicians
- 10 campaign song solutions for Donald Trump
- Pastas, doughs and dumplings: 10 best gluten-centric dishes
- Busts of the future: 17 failed music 'predictions'
- One Minnesota-ish act makes Spin's 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now list
- Kurt Vile songs as drugs
- 5 more must-hear Eyedea tributes
- Top 5 brunch dishes right now
- 5 ways to eat and drink October
- 10 things you didn't know about Le Town Talk Diner
- 5 things you need to know in local food this week
- TimeOut New York names Walker Art Center one of the best museums in the nation