Pete Campbell to wed Rory Gilmore: Local boy Vincent Kartheiser is engaged to Alexis Bledel
On the most recent season of AMC's hit show Mad Men, weasely ad man Pete Campbell, played by Minneapolis-raised Vincent Kartheiser, got tangled in a messy extra-marital affair with an acquaintance's wife, guest-star Alex Bledel.
Off-screen, the two actors started dating. Now, after about a year together, their relationship is going better than their TV characters' did: Yesterday, Us Weekly broke the news that the two are engaged.
- Cover: Vincent Kartheiser on Mad Men's Pete Campbell: Homegrown star of AMC hit reflects on his character
- Five Pete Campbell of Mad Men music video memes we actually like
- Vincent Kartheiser reflects on Mad Men, 89.3 The Current, and himself
- Slideshow: Kartheiser at Bryant Lake bowl and through the ages
- Vincent Kartheiser's very '90s Pioneer Press ad
Over the summer, when Andy Mannix hung out with Kartheiser to talk Minneapolis and Mad Men, the actor didn't discuss his relationship with Bledel (he did, though, weigh in on his post-filming get-fit regimen, nighttime activity included).
While Kartheiser, 33, got his first big break playing Campbell, Bledel, 31, is best known for her role as teenaged Rory Gilmore on Gilmore Girls. This will be a first marriage for both.
Here's the happy couple, playing an unhappy couple on the show:
Bledel as Kartheiser's extra-marital love interest on the set of Mad Men.
For more on Kartheiser, including his best memes and his feelings about Minnesota, check out the links above.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Minneapolis & St. Paul and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.