Minneapolis Institute of Arts announces 2013-2014 exhibition schedule
You can check out the entire list after the jump.
September 2013-June 2014
Exhibition examines the meaning of the term sacred within secular, multi-faith societies.
- "The Audacious Eye: Japanese Art from the Clark Collections"
October 6, 2013-January 12, 2014
Featuring over 100 masterpieces from the 1,700 Japanese artworks from the MIA's expanded collection of Japanese art.
- "31 Years: Gifts from Martin Weinstein"
October 26, 2013-September 14, 2014
Works on display include more than 500 photographs given to the museum, starting in the 1970s.
- "Envisioning Japan: Shinhanga from the Ellen & Fred Wells Collection"
November 3, 2013-February 23, 2014
Exhibit showcases around 75 woodblock prints.
- Grand Opening of Redesigned African Art Galleries
Opening November 10, 2013
- "Restoring a Masterwork III: Max Beckmann's Blind Man's Buff"
November 18, 2013-March 1, 2014
Watch experts restore/conserve Max Beckmann's Blind Man's Buff triptych, a process that is generally not done in public.
- "Matisse: Masterworks from the Baltimore Museum of Art"
February 23-May 18, 2014
This traveling exhibit will feature approximately 80 works, including paintings, sculptures, and works on paper spanning 60 years.
- "The Look of Love: Eye Miniatures from the Skier Collection"
May 17-August 24, 2014
This weird/intriguing show examines "lover's eyes," hand-painted miniatures of human eyes set in jewelry that were presented as tokens of affection or remembrance.
- "Finland: Designed Environments"
June 1-August 30, 2014
Check out examples of Finnish design over the last 15 years.
- "Master Drawings from the Minneapolis Institute of Arts" (working title)
July 13-September 21, 2014
Examine over 100 drawings from the museum's collection of over 2,000 drawings, watercolors, and pastels.
- "The Hours of Night and Day: A Newly Discovered Cycle of Bronze Reliefs by Giovanni Casini and Pietro Cipriani"
September 13, 2014-April 12, 2015
Featuring six bronze reliefs.
- "Visions from the Forests: The Art of Liberia and Sierra Leone"
September 20, 2014-January 18, 2015
Featuring 75 works by artists from Liberia and Sierra Leone.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Minneapolis & St. Paul and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.