This Thursday marks Minnesota's second year participating in Fashion's Night Out, a worldwide after-hours shopping event that invites people to take a first look at new items for fall. Runway shows, special sales, designer meet-and-greets, food, drinks, and music are also part of the fun. The Galleria in Edina, Cynthia Rae Boutique, and Neiman Marcus will all be hosting events.
[jump] Neiman Marcus
(505 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis)
Neiman Marcus will feature runway looks, cosmetic advice, plus food and drinks at its annual fashion party. Here's a sample of what to expect at the event:
- See what's on trend this season in a presentation by Minnesota Monthly's style editor, Katie Dohman, at 6:30 p.m.
- Get makeup tips from the Beauty Bar featuring the Fall Face
- Sample food and drinks from CRAVE, Smack Shack, and the Wondrous Azian Kitchen
- Stop by the custom cupcake bar by Coco & Fig for a sweet treat
- Dance to music by DJ Dr. Strangelove
(69th Street & France Avenue, Edina)
The Galleria will celebrate its second Fashion's Night Out with music, food, drinks, trunk shows, and appearances by local and national designers. See what's hot for fall and shop the latest trends at over 20 stores.
- Attend a Christopher Fisher trunk show [Arafina]
- Enter to win a new pair of shoes every month for a year [Cole Haan]
- See a dress made entirely of paper scripts [Gabberts]
- Enjoy appetizers, drinks and a fall menswear collection [Hammer Made]
- Meet local designer Anne M. Cramer and preview her fall line [Melly]
- Shop Killian Rieder's jewelry collection and meet the designer [Scheherazade]
- Check out an eyelash bar, participate in a runway walk-off competition and sip on signature beverages [STYLEDLIFE]
Cynthia Rae Boutique
(244 Water Street, Excelsior)
- Snack on chocolate-chip cookies
- Enter to win prizes in the raffle
- The fashion show is set to go down flashmob-style
The party runs from 5 to 10 p.m.