Call for submissions: City Pages Comix Issue 2013
Last year's City Pages Comix Issue cover on the good life in Minnesota.
My Biggest Mistake: What's your interpretation?
The best entries will be selected to appear in print.
Last year, City Pages featured 15 comics in the print edition and added lots more to the online presentation. This year's submissions should be created as true sequential art that tells a full story. Cartoonists are encouraged to be creative within the confines of the required dimensions. There are no restrictions on the number of panels or how you arrange them. Give us your take on this theme!
Be sure to work within our half- or quarter-page sizes. If you would like to do a full-page comic, please submit a proposal via email prior to producing it. You can find inspiration here in the online presentation of our 2012 issue.
- Submissions must be in black and white. You may propose full color, but you must demonstrate competency in this before it will be green-lighted.
- If coloring with tones of gray, separate grays by 15 percent, i.e. 15, 30, 45, 60, 85 percent grays.
- Grayscale images: 300 dpi.
- Bitmapped black-and-white images: 600dpi
- Submit your entry with the following contact information:
- Your real full name
- The name you prefer to be credited in print
- Your website, if applicable
- Comics must conform to one of the sizes listed in the PDF download below
Size & Compensation:
Monday, July 29. But sooner is always better.
Emily Utne, Art Director: artdirector [at] citypages [dot] com
Or upload your file via FTP (see PDF for details).
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about arts and culture events in Minneapolis & St. Paul and offers you won't hear about anywhere else.