Readers respond to TD Mischke's webcast debut on citypages.com

Mischke mailbag

I'm truly excited to see TD's doing a show. Streaming is new to me but I'll learn how now. The dude's a genius; since December there has been a huge Mischke gap in my life. His thoughts make me smile. Thanks!

Comment by sam from big time mpls

I may forget my swimsuit in my rush to dive in, but I've been holding my breath for a while to do it—gasp!—ahhh, oxygen! Welcome back Tommy. I may not ever want to dry off.

Comment by rascal

This is fabulous news. I hope there will be mp3s to download, or at least streaming archives of your shows. Good to have you back, Tommy.

Comment by Brian Jesness

I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope. —The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

Comment by Kamandi

Having followed Mischke for a very long time (his general paranoia is not without cause), I am very much looking forward to this next chapter in his professional career.

His unique and delightfully dark humor is something that is, at once, both difficult to describe and intimately familiar. He's the wonderfully curmudgeonly uncle you always look forward to seeing at family gatherings; you never quite know what he's going to say or do, but it's bound to be memorable.

As he takes his talents beyond the confines of the FCC-ruled radio waves and out onto the Wild West of the internet, I wish him nothing but success.

To the new fans who are about to discover what real entertainment is all about, welcome aboard. You're in for a hell of a ride.

Comment by Mark Fleetham

Right on! We used to listen to Mischke on the KSTP stream when he was on evenings, so listening to his inaugural City Pages cast was a beautiful thing!

We all love ya, Tommy, keep on rockin' in the free world!

Comment by Scott

Thank you, City Pages, for giving one of the most brilliant and unique people of our lifetime a place to express his thoughts. Mischke is the best, and I hope this experiment works out because that time without him after his AM1500 departure was dreadful.

Comment by Gabe

Thank you, City Pages, and thanks, Tommy! I'm glad to have a chance to hear Tommy again!

To the City Pages folks, I'm sorry if some of the fans are demanding. We've become accustomed to our daily fix of Mischke. And when that was taken away...well, it wasn't the end of the world, but it sure has been hard to find something to listen to.

So we're used to listening by radio if we can, and a lot of us live away from the Twin Cities, so we can't wait to get home and download mp3s of the show. Like you pointed out, entire sites have been set up to collect his bits. So we really do appreciate what you're doing, and appreciate that you're going to podcast the show, too!

Comment by Steve White

Thank you. Mischke is the only radio personality that can make dead air funny. Now I can listen to the best thing on the radio minus the conservative blowhards.

Comment by Joel

My boyfriend, Tom, has been a huge fan of Mischke for some time (please note that he, at 38, is likely to lower your demographic). Long story short, Tom downloaded all your podcasts and listened to the new, the old, the best ofs every day here in Alaska. He tortured me with your broadcasts. It became "my" NPR vs. "his" Mischke. There was obviously considerable distress when you unexpectedly went off the air. Now that you're back, Tom is happy again. And I am happy, in part because he's happy—and because I had unwittingly come to miss your broadcast as well. Good luck on your new venture from your Alaska fanbase. P.S. We have your new CD and it's great!

Comment by Shannon of Talkeetna, Alaska